The green area with the romantic name of Campoamor (Dehesa de Campoamor), is located in the south of the Costa Blanca, in the province of Alicante and is part of the Orihuela Costa area. This area is bathed by the Mediterranean Sea. The curious name of this town was in honour of Ramón de Campoamor, the famous romantic poet and public figure of the nineteenth century.
Campoamor stands out from neighbouring settlements by the abundance of lush flower bushes, emerald golf courses and beautiful pine trees. It is a well-maintained and reputed area, ideal for a quiet and relaxing holiday. In addition, it is quite easy to get here: from Murcia airport it will take only 15-20 minutes by car; and from Alicante airport: 40-45 minutes.
Campoamor on the map:
The weather in Campoamor, Alicante
So, what can this cosy and green corner of the Costa Blanca offer a tourist? Firstly, a wonderful climate with more than 300 sunny days a year. In addition, the bathing season lasts from June to October, with the average water temperature between 24-26 ° C and the air temperature between 28-32 ° C.
Campoamor is ideal for a relaxing beach holiday. You will find sublime beaches with crystal clear water and golden sand, provided with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, some are Blue Flag beaches.
Find out these beaches starting from the north to the south:
- Aguamarina Beach has a length of half a kilometre and a width of thirty meters. This is a fairly quiet and comfortable beach, with fine golden sand and calm sea. It is a Blue Flag beach thanks to its clean water and its good infrastructure.
- De la Glea Beach: perhaps the most popular among ampoamor tourists. It is a long and wide sandy beach, with its own parking lot, a playground and a lot of bars and cafes, where you can have a drink or eat, contemplating the marina views and its beautiful white sailboats. In addition to swimming, this place is ideal for surfing thanks to the good swell throughout the year.
- Campoamor Cove: a wide golden-sand beach and calm sea. It is ideal for swimming and diving, as well as for quiet walks, breathe the fresh sea breeze and enjoy the views of the picturesque bay and its lovely sailboats.
- Barranco Rubio Beach: the favourite place of Spanish families. This is due to its calm swell, its fine and clean sand, its gradual entry to the sea and its playground. It is a perfect beach for families with children. In the surroundings, you will find restaurants offering excellent local dishes, especially fresh seafood dishes.
Read more about all the Orihuela Costa beaches here.
Campoamor is a perfect place to spend a luxury holiday. In addition, it has all the necessary infrastructure:
- Green and soft grass golf courses and even golf clubs. Like the Real Club de Golf Campoamor or Las Colinas Golf & Country Club, whose territories include restaurants and luxury hotel complexes.
- The Royal Club Náutico Dehesa de Campoamor, yacht club and marina for boats and yachts.
- The Centro Hípico Campoamor riding school for children and adults of all levels.
However, the list of places and activities that you can see and do in Campoamor is not limited to these, there are many more:
- Bicycle and hiking trails.
- Parks with barbecue areas.
- Outdoor swimming pools and cosy terraces. For example, on La Glea Beach.
- Bars, cafes and restaurants for the most demanding tastes.
- Hotels, rural houses and apartments of any taste and pocket.
Also, just ten kilometres from Dehesa de Campoamor is Torrevieja, where it is easy to find much more entertainment: nightclubs; an exciting water park for children with amazing attractions; a casino; cinemas; malls; and much more.
Campoamor, began to develop as an urbanization in the mid-twentieth century, when the construction of tall buildings with apartments, private villas and hotel complexes began. Currently, Campoamor offers a wide range of homes for all tastes and budgets. At the same time, much attention is paid to preserving the green and natural appearance of this place.
Modern homes in Campoamor are carried out in accordance with the latest technologies, often with custom designs, high quality finishes and a well thought out layout. The apartments located in gated communities are sold with everything necessary for a comfortable and quiet life: furniture, garage, swimming pool, green yard, etc. In addition, in some cases at the request of the client, with cutlery and bedding.
According to December 2019 data from the idealista.com website, the average price of housing in Campoamor is € 2166 / m2. The most expensive area is the prestigious Lomas de Campoamor-Las Ramblas, next to the golf club, where the average price of housing is € 2836 / m2. La Ronda is also one of the most expensive areas. There are many houses and villas for sale with spectacular sea views here. The cheapest housing price can be found in the Aguamarina area, where the price is € 2116 / m2 on average.
In general, the price of a one-bedroom apartment with an area of 42 m2, starts from € 59 000; a two-bedroom apartment from € 72 000; a three-bedroom apartment from € 97 500; a detached house from € 131 000; a duplex from € 131 000.
If you are interested in the Campoamor area and you are thinking of buying a property here, see our catalogue of housing offers in this area.