The municipality of Ciudad Quesada is located in the southern part of Rojales, in the province of Alicante, Spain.
- Distance from the airport of Alicante-Elche (Aeropuerto de Alicante-Elche, ALC) – 40 km, 35 min, highway N-332.
- Distance from the Región de Murcia International Airport (Aeropuerto Internacional de la Región de Murcia, RMU) – 74 km, 50 min, highways RM-19 and AP-7.
- Nearest cities: Guardamar del Segura – 7 km, Torrevieja – 12 km, Elche – 28 km, Alicante – 45 km, Murcia – 47 km.
- Population: 11,712 (as of January 01, 2019).
The area has a favorable geographical location, spreading out on the slope of a natural hill. Once upon a time, Ciudad Quesada began to expand around a golf course, which can still be called its heart. Magnificent panoramic views of Ciudad Quesada are opened to the south, allowing to see the turquoise Mediterranean Sea and unique natural parks – Las Salinas de Torrevieja and La Mata.
Thanks to the proximity of the salt lagoons and the Mediterranean Sea, Ciudad Quesada has an incredibly healthy climate, with an average annual temperature of 20ºC. This is an ideal climate for recreation at any time of the year.
The majority of the population, about 75% – are foreign citizens. Initially, it was the British and Swiss who wished to have a second residence, mainly for recreation. Today, Ciudad Quesada is increasingly being chosen for permanent residence, with British, Scandinavian, German and residents of former CIS members as dominating foreign buyers, but still the majority of residents are English speakers.
History of Ciudad Quesada
Ciudad Quesada was born from the dream of one man and his family – Justo Quesada Sempere – from which the municipality has adopted its name – Ciudad Quesada. Currently, it is a developed and well-maintained urbanization with many residences in an elegant style. As to types of dwelling, snow-white detached houses predominate; there are also green-covered townhouses, luxury villas with swimming pools, but apartments are in the minority here.
The founder of this paradise, Justo Quesada, was born in Orihuela in 1926, his life and work proceeded between Rojales, Elche and San Miguel de Salinas. In the latter municipality, he lived in the district De La Marquise, where he met his future wife, Josephine Aniorte. Five children were born in their happy marriage, and today they head the activities of several companies, which are engaged in promotion and sale of real estate.
Justo Quesada’s business activity started in 1972 in Rojales, when he had purchased thousands of hectares of land south of the municipal district, then he began the construction of the Ciudad Quesada urbanization, which now has thousands of homes. This project got its start with a unique offer throughout Spain: in addition to the standard infrastructure for that time, this area had a golf course and its own airfield.
Just over 30 years ago, in March 1989, Justo Quesada designed and built a new golf course – the Quesada Golf club (Club de Golf Quesada). In 1994, the name was changed to «La Marquésa».
Justo Quesada managed to become one of the innovators of real estate developers, although this sector has been actively developing in the Valencian community for a long time. In addition to many awards during his long business career, in 1991 he received the Costa Blanca tourism award, and in 1999 – the Jaguar award as the best Spanish promoter, there was also the award of the Сhamber of Commerce of Alicante.
In 2010, real estate developer Justo Quesada died at the age of 83. Although in recent years he has delegated the management of companies to his children, the man has never been removed from their activities, even at an advanced age. Justo Quesada was buried in the family vault in the cemetery of San Miguel de Salinas, according to the wishes of his wife and simply faithful companion – Josefina Aniorte.
Infrastructure of Ciudad Quesada
Golf clubs in Ciudad Quesada
Well, let’s start with the main attraction of the municipality. As it is known, this resort town is built around the 18-hole golf course «La Marquesa Golf». The club has a well-maintained and well-designed field located in a valley.
This golf club has its own hotel «La Laguna», offering 94 comfortable rooms, a spa area of 700 m2, a magnificent restaurant of Mediterranean cuisine, a swimming pool with sea water, conference rooms, a banquet hall, a fitness room and private parking. Great Mediterranean beaches of Guardamar de Segura are placed just 4 km from the golf club.
La Marquesa Golf
- Address: Calle Miguel Ángel Jiménez, s/n, 03170 Rojales, Alicante
- Operating hours: 7:30-20:30 (daily)
- Phone number: +34 966 714 258
- Web site: lamarquesagolf.es
In addition to the above, there are other golf clubs in Ciudad Quesada, because this sport has long been a hallmark of the area. Moreover, specialized clubs are not the only way to enjoy this prestigious sport, because there are still a few hotels of this orientation, plus a 5-minute drive from Ciudad Quesada there is neighboring Los Montesinos, where the new «Greenlands Sport Club» is located, which is characterized by a good price-quality ratio.
Greenlands Sport Club
- Address: Partida la Rafaela, number 22, 03187 Los Montesinos, Alicante
- Opening hours: 10:00-21:30 (daily)
- Phone number: +34 673 434 443
Web site: greenlandsgolf.talkspot.com
Restaurants in Ciudad Quesada
Taking into account the fact that Ciudad Quesada is chosen by foreigners, the choice of restaurants and cuisine here is quite wide: Italian, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Balkan, European, you can find an Irish bar and an American Steakhouse, below we will list just a few variants.
Da Silvas – the European kitchen
- Address: Av. de las Naciones, 57, number 12, 03170 Cdad. Quesada, Alicante
- Opening hours: 18:00-22:00 (except Mondays)
- Phone number: +34 666 66 08 10
- Web site: da-silvas.business.site
The Banana Tree – Thai cuisine
- Address: Av. de las Naciones, 1, 03170 Cdad. Quesada, Alicante
- Opening hours: 12:30-16:00 and 18:00-00:00 (open daily)
- Phone number: +34 966 719 642
Nan Kin – Chinese cuisine
- Address: 03170 Cdad. Quesada, Alicante
- Opening hours: 11:30-16:00 and 17:30-00:00 (open daily)
- Phone number: +34 966 717 285
Antica Italia Restaurant – Italian cuisine
- Address: Av. Antonio Quesada, 1, 03170 Cdad. Quesada, Alicante
- Opening hours: 18:30-23:00 (except Wednesdays)
- Phone number: +34 966 718 737
- Web site: facebook.com/AnticaItaliaRestaurant
Paprika Hungarian Restaurant – Hungarian cuisine
- Address: Av. de las Naciones.1-C, 10, 03170 Cdad. Quesada, Alicante
- Opening hours: 12: 00-23: 00 (open daily)
- Phone number: +34 640 074 394
- Web site: roseandsteinrestaurant.eu
Property in Ciudad Quesada
The urbanization of Ciudad Quesada is famous for its unique higher elevation thanks to a hilled landscape allowing to contemplate both sea views and views of salt lagoons and mountains. Excellent infrastructure, security, high-class housing and respectable neighbors compared favorably to this area of the Costa Blanca, so real estate here holds a long-standing and well-deserved reputation as a profitable investment, despite the higher cost in contrast to neighboring areas.
So, according to the portal idealista.com for July 2020, the average price per square meter in Ciudad Quesada was 1.940 €. For comparison, in Rojales – 1.057 €/m2, in Torrevieja – 1.387 €/m2, in Guardamar del Segura – 1.501 €/m2.
An apartment with one bedroom can be purchased from 35.300 €, with two – from 41.470 €, with three – from 71.000 €. One-bedroom bungalow in a closed urbanization with a swimming pool –from 59.500 €, two-bedroom – from 64.100 €, a villa – from 98.000 €, house – from 109.375 €.