The luxurious residential area of Sierra Cortina belongs to the municipality of Finestrat and it is located near Benidorm, the Spanish Manhattan.
- Alicante airport distance: 54 km (AP-7 and A-70 motorways).
- Nearest cities: Benidorm (7.8 km); Villajoyosa (9.2 km); La Nucia (10.2 km).
This residential area was named after the Sierra Cortina mountain chain, which protects it from gusty winds, therefore the climate here is very mild and warm throughout the year. The average annual temperature in Sierra Cortina is +19.8 °C during the day, and +15.6 °C at night.
Sierra Cortina Advantages
The Sierra Cortina residential area has a privileged location and it has several advantages over other nearby areas. These are just some of them:
- It has all the comforts of a high-level accommodation: security guards and 24-hour video surveillance, private parking, gyms and fitness clubs, playgrounds, swimming pools, gourmet restaurants, a golf club, etc.
- Almost all the streets have a gentle slope towards the sea. In addition, the stunning views can be seen from everywhere, including the wonderful Benidorm city: the lights of the clubs and casinos, its picturesque skyscrapers, including the Gran Hotel Bali − a giant of 186 meters which rises above all the surroundings.
- The Sierra Cortina area has a truly beautiful and prestigious look: white villas, bungalows with wonderful flower-decorated facades, cosy terraced houses and modern gated residential complexes with spacious apartments. You have at your disposal a large supply of high-quality real estate. In other words, you have the possibility of choosing a home for the most demanding tastes.
Housing in Sierra Cortina
According to data from the Idealista website from April 2020, the average cost of housing in Sierra Cortina was € 2354 / m2. For example, a beautiful apartment located in a closed residential complex, with an area of 131 m2, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a large terrace with garden, garage and swimming pool will cost from € 179 900.
On the other hand, a two- or three-bedroom two-family house with an area of 127 m2, located in a closed green residential area, will cost from € 159 900.
However, if what you want is to buy a new built villa with an area of 160 m2 decorated in a modern and minimalist style, with two parking spaces, swimming pool, garden, three bedrooms, three bathrooms, with a sustainable energy supply system and beautiful views of the sea and the city, the price will start at € 575 000. Enough to allow the buyer and his or her family to apply for a Golden visa in Spain.
Sierra Cortina infrastructure
What is obviously essential in such a wonderful place is the availability of an excellent and developed infrastructure.
In addition to shops, stores and supermarkets, just 2 km away from the Sierra Cortina residential area is the large La Marina shopping center. You will find in the shopping center area:
- Many popular clothing stores: BELLAMINIS, BENETTON, BERSHKA, C&A, COOL, DESIGUAL, FIFTY FACTORY, GUESS, H&M, INSIDE, JACK&JONES, MACSON, MANGO, MANGO MAN, MASSIMO DUTTI, MAVISEL, OUTLET EL CORTE INGLÉS, PAYRO, PIMKIE, POLINESIA, PULL&BEAR, PUNT ROMA, SPRINGFIELD, STRADIVARIUS, ZARA;
- Sport stores: BASE, DÉCIMAS, OTEROS, SPORTWELL, SPORTZONE, SPRINTER.
- Household goods: ALE-HOP, CASA, IKEA, H&M, JYSK, OUTLET EL CORTE INGLÉS, ZARA HOME;
- Shoe stores: FRESH SHOES, GEOX, MARYPAZ, MAYDO, NICHI SEIJO, PRIMICHI, PUNTO ZERO, ULANKA.
- Cafeterias and restaurants: BURGER KING, CANTINA MARIACHI, HÄAGEN DAZS, JAMAICA COFFEE SHOP, LUCCIANO LA TRATTORIA, MISTER KEBAP, NEW YORK 2, PALADAR&FUSIÓN, PALAPA, TXAKOLI, VACA VIEJA BRASERIA.
- Entertainment, including a bowling alley, a cinema and a playground: BOWLING PARADISE, IMF CINEMA, INF PARK. MON MAGIC, STARS PARTY.
- Jewellery, toy stores, perfume shops, underwear and much, much more.
La Marina Shopping Center contact information:
- Address: Centro Comercial La Marina Avda. del País Valenciá, 2 03509 Finestrat (Alicante)
- Website: cclamarina.com
- Schedule: Monday to Saturday, from 10:00 to 20:00.
Things to do in Sierra Cortina
Among the natural places located near the Sierra Cortina residential area, there is a beautiful and clean beach with golden and clear sand – Poniente beach. This beach is ideal for a relaxed holiday. This beach has a length of three kilometres, and it has a calm and pleasant atmosphere, which will especially appeal to families.
The nearby Levante Beach is very lively and bustling with a festive and cheerful atmosphere. You will find discos, casinos, cafes, a lot of entertainment and a wide range of sports activities. This blue flag beach is always full, and it offers many leisure options.
Read more about Benidorm’s beaches in this article.
Mountain lovers will be truly interested in the picturesque mountain range located near the Sierra Cortina residential area, whose highest point is the majestic Puig Campana peak, with a height of 1406 meters. It is the second highest mountain in the province of Alicante. However, tourists can choose the route according to their preferences and physical condition.
You can see here its location.
Furthermore, the Terra Natura zoo is located in Benidorm, less than five kilometres from the Sierra Cortina residential area.
The Terra Mitica amusement park is also nearby and it offers many interesting rides for adults and children. You will find here themed rides reproducing the ancient civilizations of the Mediterranean: Greece, Rome, Iberia and Egypt. Also, there are hotels for families, so it is convenient to come here in order to spend the whole day and have fun without worrying about where to spend the night.
Also, there are in the Sierra Cortina residential area several golf courses, a tennis court, the Mediterranean restaurant, with a Michelin star, Rice Restaurant and the five-star hotel Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa and the Royal Hideaway Hotel.
Read more about entertainment in Benidorm and its surroundings here.
For any purpose for which you come to Sierra Cortina (whether it’s buying a home, spending a luxury holiday, etc.) this place will satisfy all your whims and needs. If you want to familiarize yourself with the Sierra Cortina property offers, you can visit our catalogue or contact our specialists if you wish.